I’ve been having stacks of fun with the Electrafun lately. I got it at Christmas but hadn’t really used it too much until recently. Bought some better batteries for it which made it fly at least twice or three times as long as the original batteries, plus I found that I could fly it around behind the Royal Children’s Hospital. Nice big area with very few people. It’s taken an amazing amount of punishment. Full speed into the ground, trees and even a fence. I recently had to replace the elevator as it broke in half. The kit actually comes with a spare so, no problem there. During the previous flight, I nose dived into the ground hard enough to split the nose down the centre. I duct taped it up and we were good to go. This last crash split the duct tape & the nose even further open. 

Kensington, 07/09/2008

The killer blow however, came when the tail broke. I don’t know if it’s going to be reparable – it can’t be duct taped because it cracked where the tubing has a slot cut in it for the control rods to pop out. The control rods are bent too.

Kensington, 07/09/2008 

More examination might be required.  Here’s how it looked when I first set it up: DSC_0166